|Hello friends, after almost a month am posting my new drawing. I started drawing on Ganesh Chathurthi, thought I would complete it on same day and wish my friends. Unfortunately I could not and it took more time than I expected :( almost 12hrs in 4 days. Finally I finished and posting for your feedback.
After getting into ArtJam, I bought sketchbook, until then I used to draw in normal paper. Thanks for ArtJam to encourage me buy my new Classmate A3 sketchbook 140gsm and Faber Castell 6 drawing pencils.
"Pillayar Suzhi pottu aarambikanum... " (start with blessing of Lord Ganesh) matching this, and Ganesh chathuthi, I was inspired to draw Lord Ganesh first in my sketchbook.
Am more excited to meet artist in ArtJam @ Cholamandal Artist Village and get their feedback in improving this drawing.
|View in all sizes without steps|
Small Medium Large
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Saturday, September 8, 2012
ArtJam, is a meetup of artists in neighborhood. Thanks to Muralidharan Alagar, who initiated this in Chennai for the first time @ Valluvar kottam on September 2nd. I was hungry for such a meet long time and it happened, so I immediately attended and learned a lot of information. It was a mix of experts and beginners like me. Very delighted to meet the group
- Anatomy - any portrait requires anatomy to be satisfied at first point, SugumarJe adviced me to just work on anatomy for 3months, without going into shading, starting from face to whole body
- learned about gsm and the kind of papers(130,150,200) to be used
- learned about pencils, and brands like steadler, faber castell 6 pencil set, graphite and charcoal pencil (thanks to Prabha madam for sharing her pencil)
- discussed about riven phonics drawing video tutorials, complete set of more than 150 chapters and planned to buy it online.
- Murali for the wonderful initiative and his 25 years experience sharing. Thanks also for the snacks ;)
- SugumarJe for his caricatures to everyone of us who met and the public who visited and the security men as well :)
- Thanks to Padma, Ganapathy and Kannan for sharing their experience
|more photos in facebook profiles....|